Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G is swiftly emerging as the most popular of the 10 Medicare Supplement insurance plans.
With Medicare Supplement Plan G, Aetna offers:
- The most expansive benefit package to Original Medicare beneficiaries whose eligibility began on or after January 1, 2020
- Coverage that fills all the gaps in Medicare Part A and Part B, excluding the Part B deductible
- Great value when you consider the savings on out of pocket costs
- Benefits for expenses not covered by Original Medicare, such as foreign travel and Part B excess charges
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits
Following is an outline of coverage under Plan G:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance plus inpatient hospital costs up to 365 days after you exceed Original Medicare coverage
- Part A hospice care copays or coinsurance
- Part A deductible
- Part B coinsurance or copayment, which includes office visits
- Part B excess charges for when you are billed over the Medicare-approved amount
- First three pints of blood you may need in the emergency room or during a procedure
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- Foreign travel emergency health care (up to plan limits)
Does Plan G Cover the Medicare Part B Deductible?
Plan G does not cover the Part B deductible. This is a relatively low-cost expense. In 2022, the annual deductible amount is $233.
Note that Plan G covers the Part A deductible but not the Part B deductible.
Aetna Medigap Plan G Cost
The monthly premium for Plan G will vary based on the insurance company you choose and the area where you live. The price you pay can also be influenced by your age, gender and smoking habits.
For example, premiums in Houston, zip code 75851:
|Plan Type||Premium Range|
|Plan G||$99.24 - $181.84|
Aetna Plan G Rate Increase History
It is not uncommon for an insurance company to raise rates on Plan G. Rate increases are influenced by geography, policy type and insurance company volume. Due to increased risk, smaller companies tend to increase rates more than larger companies like Aetna. Historically, rate increases have ranged from 3% to 10%.
Aetna offers the following:
- Guarantee that your price will not change the first year (12-month rate-lock)
- Option to cancel within the first 30 days for any reason (30-day free-look period)
Is Aetna Plan G a Good Medicare Supplement?
In terms of coverage for new beneficiaries, Plan G is the best of all the Medicare Supplement plans available.
Here are highlights about Aetna to help you determine if Aetna Medicare Supplement plans are right for you:
- A.M. Best awarded Aetna an A rating (excellent) for financial strength.
- Business Wire reported in December 2020 that “Aetna is one of the top three U.S. health insurers in terms of medical membership, which has increased to 23.3 million individuals for commercial, Medicare and Medicaid products.”
- Aetna has been conducting business since 1853. Health insurance services include medical, pharmacy and dental. Health insurance was expanded to Medigap and other Medicare programs when these plans were first introduced.
- Aetna health insurance was acquired by CVS Health in 2018. According to Moody’s, “Aetna’s performance has been solid since the acquisition, and Aetna has managed well through the coronavirus pandemic.”
Why Choose Aetna's Medigap Plan G?
When you compare providers of Medicare Supplement Plan G, either online or by talking with an agent, you will see how Aetna stands out from its competitors. Aetna has decades of experience serving seniors, which is why they are a top provider. The size of the company and their years in the business ensure that they have the resources to pay your claims in a timely manner, to answer any questions you may have and to resolve any problems arise. They have unparalleled online resources including a member portal that allows you to securely review your policy, update your information or explore Aetna’s other offerings. You can also sign up for personalized alerts to let you know when your payment is due or when it’s time for renewal.
- Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G is one of the most comprehensive plans
- No network limits, see any provider in the Nation that accepts Original Medicare
- Aetna was founded in 1853, and is a leader in the Medicare market