Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G 2022
What Is Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G?
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G is swiftly emerging as the most popular of the 10 Medicare Supplement insurance plans (A, B, C, D, F, G, K, L, M, N).
With Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G, Aetna offers:
- The most expansive benefit package to Original Medicare beneficiaries whose eligibility began on or after January 1, 2020
- Coverage that fills all the gaps in Medicare Part A and Part B, excluding the Part B deductible
- Great value when you consider the savings on out of pocket costs
- Benefits for expenses not covered by Original Medicare, such as foreign travel and Part B excess charges
What Does Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G Cover?
Following is an outline of coverage under Plan G:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance plus inpatient hospital costs up to 365 days after you exceed Original Medicare coverage
- Part A hospice care copays or coinsurance
- Part A deductible
- Part B coinsurance or copayment, which includes office visits
- Part B excess charges for when you are billed over the Medicare-approved amount
- First three pints of blood you may need in the emergency room or during a procedure
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- Foreign travel emergency health care (up to plan limits)
Note that Plan G covers the Part A deductible but not the Part B deductible.
Are There Copays With Aetna Medicare Plan G?
When you receive outpatient services, Medicare Supplement Plan G covers the Part B copayments and 20% coinsurance for Medicare-approved charges. You are responsible for the Medicare Part B deductible.
With Plan G, you have no copays.
With Plan N, you pay copays up to:
- $20 for each office visit
- $50 for each emergency room visit that does not lead to hospital admittance
What Is the Monthly Premium for Aetna Medicare Plan G?
The monthly premium for Plan G will vary based on the insurance company you choose and the area where you live. The price you pay can also be influenced by your age, gender and smoking habits.
For example, Plan G premiums in Houston, zip code 75851, will range from $99.24 to $181.84 for a 65-year-old woman who does not use tobacco. The average monthly premium is about $119.
Plan A and Plan B have lower premiums as they are the plans with the lowest level of benefits.
Does Aetna Plan G Cover Prescriptions?
Medicare Supplement plan G does not cover over-the-counter or prescription drugs. However, there are other Aetna health plans available. Prescription drug coverage is one of the insurance products that Aetna offers. Our insurance agents can guide you through enrollment and plan options.
Certain drugs are covered under Original Medicare Part B, such as:
- Injections administered in your doctor’s office, including treatment of opioid use disorder
- Some oral anti-cancer drugs
- Drugs given with approved durable medical equipment
- Immunosuppressant drugs
Is Aetna Plan G a Good Medicare Supplement?
In terms of coverage for new beneficiaries, Plan G is the best of all the Aetna Medicare Supplement plans available.
Here are highlights about Aetna to help you determine if Aetna Medicare Supplement plans are right for you:
- A.M. Best awarded Aetna an A rating (excellent) for financial strength.
- Business Wire reported in December 2020 that “Aetna is one of the top three U.S. health insurers in terms of medical membership, which has increased to 23.3 million individuals for commercial, Medicare and Medicaid products.”
- Aetna has been conducting business since 1853. Health insurance services include medical, pharmacy and dental. Health insurance was expanded to Medigap and other Medicare programs when these plans were first introduced.
- Aetna health insurance was acquired by CVS Health in 2018. According to Moody’s, “Aetna’s performance has been solid since the acquisition, and Aetna has managed well through the coronavirus pandemic.”
What Is Aetna Plan G Rate Increase History?
It is not uncommon for an insurance company to raise rates on Plan G. Rate increases are influenced by geography, policy type and insurance company volume. Due to increased risk, smaller companies tend to increase rates more than larger companies like Aetna. Historically, Aetna rate increases have ranged from 3% to 10%.
Aetna Medigap plans offer the following:
- Guarantee that your price will not change the first year (12-month rate-lock)
- Option to cancel within the first 30 days for any reason (30-day free-look period)
Common Aetna Medigap Plan G Questions:
Does Aetna Plan G Cover the Medicare Part B Deductible?
Plan G does not cover the Part B deductible. This is a relatively low-cost expense. In 2021, the annual deductible amount is $203.
Does Aetna Plan G Cover Dental and Vision?
Medicare Supplement plan G does not include dental services or vision care. These coverage options require enrollment in separate policies sold by a private health insurance company, such as Aetna.
As an alternative, there are discount plans available on the market. When you shop around, inquire about a household discount.
Does Aetna Medicare Supplement Have SilverSneakers?
One of the health insurance coverage options in many Medicare Advantage plans is SilverSneakers. Medigap Plan G does not offer this benefit.
What is an Aetna Medicare PPO?
PPO is a type of Medicare Advantage plan. It stands for Preferred Provider Organization, which is a network of health care providers. Medicare Supplement insurance plans do not use a network.
What Is the Best Medicare Supplement Plan G?
All Medigap plans are standardized. Insurance companies compete in terms of pricing, but every Medigap policy is required by federal law to offer the same coverage.
What Is the Most Popular Medicare Supplement Plan for 2022?
Before 2020, Plan F was considered the best Medigap plan. Regular Plan F and the High Deductible Plan F were the most popular Aetna Medigap plans because they fill all the gaps in Original Medicare.
Today, Aetna Medigap plans that include the Part B deductible cannot be sold to people who became newly eligible for Medicare benefits on or after January 1, 2020. The rising popularity of Plan G makes sense because this Medigap policy covers all the same benefits as Plan F except the Part B deductible. Plan G is now the richest Medigap policy available to new Medicare recipients.
You can enroll in Aetna Medicare Supplement plans during the Medigap Open Enrollment Period, a six-month period that begins in the month of your 65th birthday.
Why Choose Aetna's Medigap Plan G?
When you compare providers of Medicare Supplement Plan G, either online or by talking with an agent, you will see how Aetna stands out from its competitors. Aetna has decades of experience serving seniors, which is why they are a top provider. The size of the company and their years in the business ensure that they have the resources to pay your claims in a timely manner, to answer any questions you may have and to resolve any problems arise. They have unparalleled online resources including a member portal that allows you to securely review your policy, update your information or explore Aetna’s other offerings. You can also sign up for personalized alerts to let you know when your payment is due or when it’s time for renewal.
- Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G is one of the most comprehensive plans
- No network limits, see any provider in the Nation that accepts Original Medicare
- Aetna was founded in 1853, and is a leader in the Medicare market