Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan G
Cigna Medicare Supplement G is one of 10 Medicare Supplement plans that help seniors control medical expenses such as emergency room visits, excess charges, or copayments. Medicare covers 80% of Medicare’s approved amount, but you’re responsible for the remaining 20%. That’s where Cigna Medicare Supplement G comes in.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits
For those whose Medicare eligibility starts after Dec. 31, 2019, Plan G offers the most comprehensive coverage among the 10 supplement plan options on the market.
Cigna Plan G covers the following out of pocket costs:
- Medicare Part A hospital coinsurance
- Hospital costs up to one year after benefits through Original Medicare are used up
- Part A deductible
- Part A hospice care copayments
- Part B coinsurance
- Part B copays
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- First three pints of blood needed for a medical procedure
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- Limited foreign travel emergency care
What Cigna Plan G does not cover:
- Part B deductible
- Prescription drugs
Medicare Plan G Cost
Rates for Plan G vary based on location, gender, and age. As an illustration, the average cost for a 65-year-old woman in Bethany, OK, zip code 73008.
Qualifying for a household discount can lower your premium.
|Plan Type||Premium Range|
Cigna Medicare Supplement Rate Increase History
One of the first things Medicare beneficiaries consider when shopping for Medicare Supplement plans is the price. Closely related to price is how often the insurance company has a rate increase.
Let’s take overall rate increases first:
- All companies raise rates.
- Previous increases aren’t necessarily indicative of future increases.
- Rate increases vary depending on the insurance carrier, location, and type of policy.
Here’s a look at Cigna’s rate increases:
- Stay within the industry average of 3% to 10%
- Vary based on current economic factors
- Generally moderate as Cigna has high enrollment numbers
Benefits of choosing Cigna Medicare Supplement insurance:
- 12-month rate lock: Your rates won’t increase for 12 months.
- Free Look Period: You can cancel your policy for any reason within 30 days.
AM Best rates Cigna Health A+ Excellent in terms of financial strength. Based on customer service, competitive rates, and stability, we really like Cigna — and its affiliates, American Retirement Life Insurance Company and Loyal American Life Insurance Company — as a health insurance company.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does Cigna Medicare Plan G pay for Silver Sneakers gym membership?
Cigna offers a Healthy Rewards program which features program discounts in several categories:
- Weight management and nutrition
- Mind/body programs
- Fitness club and equipment
- Vitamins and health/wellness products
For more information on health and fitness programs, contact one of our insurance agents.
Does Cigna Plan G cover hearing aids?
Plan G does not cover hearing services. Beneficiaries are eligible for discounts on hearing exams, hearing aids, and hearing protection devices through the Healthy Rewards program.
Does Cigna Plan G cover dental or eye exams?
Medicare Supplement Plan G does not cover dental or eye exams. However, through Cigna’s Healthy Rewards program, seniors can receive discounts on exams, eyewear, and Lasix vision correction.
Does Cigna Medigap Plan G cover the Part B deductible?
Cigna Medigap Plan G does not cover the Medicare Part B deductible. In 2021, the deductible amount is $203. The deductible runs on a calendar year, Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, which means it resets on Jan. 1.
Ready to learn more?
We have worked to serve thousands of Medicare beneficiaries over the years. If there is one thing we have learned, it is that there is no one best Medicare Supplemental insurance for everybody. Some people may be happier with different supplement plan levels, different insurance companies, or even different kinds of Medicare plans. In some cases, you may find that Cigna Medicare Supplement plans offer you the best rates and benefits for your unique needs. We want you to have the tools to make a confident decision.
Please note: We are not Cigna, this is our general opinion of Cigna Medicare Supplement plans. Refer to your complete policy for full coverage details.