Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G 2021
Mutual of Omaha is one of the leading Medicare Supplement companies due to excellent financial integrity and a commitment to customer service. If you’re concerned about the rising cost of health care and want to maximize your Medicare coverage, Medigap plan G from Mutual of Omaha may give you peace of mind.
What is Mutual of Omaha Plan G?
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G is one of the two most comprehensive Medicare Supplement plans. For beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare Part A and B after December 2019, Plan G is the most complete Medigap plan because it covers all of the Original Medicare gaps except for the Part B deductible.
There are a few things you should know about Medicare Plan G from Mutual of Omaha:
- Plan G has the best option for low monthly premiums with high-deductible plan options.
- Medicare Supplement Plan G also includes foreign travel emergency care and Medicare Part B excess charges.
- Mutual of Omaha insurance company was chosen by approximately 1.4 million Medicare beneficiaries for supplemental policies in 2020.
- Don’t confuse Mutual of Omaha policies with the subsidiary United World Life. Both companies offer their own insurance products with different terms and pricing.
What does Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G cover?
Plan G is the most complete Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement policy for beneficiaries enrolling in Medicare Part B after December 2019. It covers almost all gaps in the original coverage, leaving only the Part B deductible for beneficiaries to pay out of pocket. Most outpatient medical services are fully covered for beneficiaries enrolled in Medigap policy G.
Plan G covers the following whether you select Mutual of Omaha as your insurance company or go with another leading insurer:
- Part A coinsurance
- Hospital inpatient costs (up to 365 days after Original Medicare benefits are exhausted)
- Copays for emergency room visits
- Part A hospice care copays or coinsurance
- Part A deductible
- Part B preventive office visit coinsurance
- Part B coinsurance or copayment
- Part B Excess charges
- First three pints of blood (for medical procedures)
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- 80% of foreign travel emergency care expenses (up to plan limits)
- Medicare Part B deductible is NOT covered by Plan G
What is the monthly premium for Medicare Plan G?
To illustrate potential rates for Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G in 2021, we generated a quote for a non-smoking, 65-year-old female beneficiary living in El Paso County, zip code 79936. The result was $106.70 per month with a 12% discount, leaving the final premium at $93.90 per month.
Two things you should know about Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan pricing:
- Mutual of Omaha uses attained-age ratings. That means your rates are based on your age at the time you enroll in the Medigap policy. The older you are, the more you’re likely to pay.
- The Household Discount can reduce your monthly premium by up to 12% if you live with someone 60 years or older, even if they aren’t Mutual of Omaha customers.
What is the deductible for Mutual of Omaha plan G?
There is no deductible for Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G unless you select the high-deductible plan option. The only deductible you will need to pay with the standard plan is the Part B deductible, which is $203 for the calendar year 2021.
Why is Plan G better than Plan F?
There are three big differences between Medicare Supplement Plan F and Plan G:
- Plan F covers the Medicare Part B deductible, but Plan G does not.
- Plan G offers lowers monthly premiums, which results in savings for many beneficiaries even after paying the Part B deductible out of pocket.
- Plan G is available to all Medicare beneficiaries, but there are eligibility restrictions for Plan F. You can only apply for Plan F if you were eligible for Medicare prior to January 1, 2020.
Plan G is quickly becoming the most popular Medigap policy due to the enrollment restrictions. It offers almost all of the Medicare benefits included in Plan F but comes with a lower premium.
What is Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement rate increase history?
Mutual of Omaha rate increases tend to fall between 3% and 10%, which is comparable to many other insurance companies. There are a variety of factors that can determine when a rate increases and how much it increases, but Mutual of Omaha tends to have lower and less frequent increases than small insurers that cannot sustain as much risk.
Since the company uses attained-age pricing to set rates, subscribers of Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement policies may notice rate increases as they age with the plan. That is common for insurance providers using age attainment as a rating model.
There are a couple things you should know about Mutual of Omaha rate increases:
- There is a 12-month rate lock that ensures your rate doesn’t increase within the first year.
- Beneficiaries can cancel their Medigap plan within the first 30 days without penalty.
Mutual of Omaha Medigap Plan G Questions:
What is the best Medicare Supplement Plan G?
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G offers the same benefits as Plan G from any other insurance company. The federal government standardizes the benefits under each supplemental plan, so an insurance company cannot use benefits as competitive points. Mutual of Omaha does offer some added policies that are a benefit to subscribers, such as popular plans for prescription medication that serve as an alternative to Part D.
Is Mutual of Omaha a good company for Medicare Supplement Insurance?
There are five reasons Mutual of Omaha is one of the best insurance companies for Medicare Supplement plans:
- Mutual of Omaha has served as a life insurance company since 1909. It was one of the first insurance companies to offer Medicare plans and remains one of the most respected companies in the industry.
- Mutual of Omaha offers the most popular Medicare Supplement insurance plans in all states plus the District of Columbia. That includes Plan N, F, and Plan G. The company also offers prescription drug plans, giving beneficiaries an alternative to Medicare Part D coverage.
- Rates for Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement insurance are highly competitive in most markets. They may not always offer the lowest monthly premiums, but they often are among the most affordable of the most reputable companies.
- Mutual of Omaha is dedicated to customer service and has earned the respect of consumers. One survey found that nearly 95% of Mutual of Omaha customers were satisfied with their insurance coverage and 90% would recommend the company to loved ones.
- Programs like Mutually Well provide added benefits for supplemental policyholders without violating the standardized requirements for all supplement plans.
Does Mutual of Omaha Plan G cover dental or eye exams?
Your Mutual of Omaha Plan G policy will only cover dental and vision services if they’re a part of a larger medical treatment that is covered by Original Medicare. Medicare Supplement insurance plans do not cover routine eye exams or preventative dental services.
Does Mutual of Omaha Plan G cover hearing aids?
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement policies do not cover hearing aids. Medicare Part B covers hearing tests ordered by a medical doctor to determine the need for hearing aids, but the hearing aids aren’t covered by Original Medicare or Medicare Supplemental insurance.
Does Mutual of Omaha pay for gym membership, like SilverSneakers?
Plan G doesn’t include a gym membership, but Mutual of Omaha offers a gym discount through the Mutually Well program. The program isn’t health insurance but is free with enrollment in Mutual of Omaha Medigap Plan G. After signing up, you can secure a gym membership for $25 a month plus tax. There are more than 10,000 gyms around the country honoring this discount.
Is a Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G Right for You?
When you purchase Medicare Supplement insurance, you are freeing yourself and your family from worrying about financial catastrophe if you should fall ill. What better company to trust with your health and your peace of mind than Mutual of Omaha? They have been a household name for more than a century, and countless seniors in all 50 states have chosen affordable, top-of-the-line Medicare Supplemental insurance policies offered by Mutual of Omaha.
- Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G is one of the most comprehensive plans
- No network limits, see any provider in the Nation that accepts Original Medicare
- Mutual of Omaha was founded in 1909, and is a leader in the Medicare market