Medicare Supplement Plan N
When deciding on which Medicare Supplement you’re going to purchase, Medicare Supplement Plan N deserves a little bit of consideration. Once you learn more about this plan, you might decide that it’s a great alternative to other Supplement plans because Medigap Plan N rates are cheaper. Beneficiaries of this plan can enjoy additional benefits on top of the standard Medicare benefits — such as help with medical expenses and health care — but can enjoy some of the best rates among those who have Medicare Supplement plans. Of course, you should do a comparison of Medicare Supplement Plan N rates and benefits before deciding if this plan is right for you, and this quick guide — as well as our licensed insurance agents — can help you do your comparison and make the right decision.
What does Medicare Supplement Plan N Cover?
You may want to learn about the basic benefits, monthly premiums, plan options and plan limits before signing up for Medicare Supplement Plan N. After all, you could be wondering if this plan will help with medical services, medical expenses, hospital costs and other health care costs that the Federal Medicare program does not pay for. Here are answers to some common questions about this Medicare Supplement plan.
Medicare Plan N will help fill in some of the gaps in coverage that you might be dealing with right now with Original Medicare. It’ll help with covering some of your deductibles and coinsurance and will provide additional coverage when your Medicare coverage runs out. For example, once your hospital coverage runs out from Original Medicare, Plan N will pick up the slack.
How does Medicare Plan N cover Medicare Part A Deductible?
The Medicare Part A deductible is covered by Medicare Supplement Plan N.
How does Medicare Plan N cover Medicare Part A coinsurance?
Your Medicare Part A coinsurance will be covered by this Medicare plan. After your Original Medicare benefits are exhausted, your Medicare Supplement insurance Plan N will cover hospital coinsurance and hospice care coinsurance.
How does Medicare Plan N cover Medicare Part B deductible?
The Medicare Part B deductible is not covered by this Medicare Supplement plan.
How does Medicare Plan N cover Medicare Part B coinsurance?
Medigap Plan N will pay for 100% of your Medicare Part B coinsurance costs, except for a small copay that will have to be paid for doctor’s office visits or emergency room visits.
How does Medicare Plan N cover at the docs office?
You will have to pay a $20 copayment at the doctor’s office.
How does Medicare Plan N cover Part B excess charges?
No, Part B excess charges are not covered as a part of your plan.
How does Medicare Plan N cover emergency room visits?
You will be required to pay a $50 copay each time that you visit the emergency room.
Are there network restrictions with Medicare Plan N?
No, you will not have any network restrictions with Medicare Plan N. Your coverage will work anywhere that Medicare is accepted. This is not the case with Medicare Advantage plans, which is one reason why Medicare Supplement plans are often ideal.
How Much Does Medicare Supplement Plan N Cost?
There are three different calculation methods that are used when your Medicare Supplement plan premiums are determined.
- Community-rated – All customers are charged the same rate with a community-rated plan.
- Issue age – If your insurance company used this method of calculating rates, your rates will be based on your age when you first sign up for your plan. You do not have to worry about your monthly premium going up as you age.
- Attained age – With this method, your rate is based on the age that you are at the time that you pay your premium. As you age, your rates will go up.
Here are the prices for a 65 Year old non-smoking female living in 46001 Indiana
|Plan Type||Premium Range|
|Plan N||$77.77 - $124.46|
When can I enroll in Medicare Supplement Plan N?
When you turn 65 and are signed up for both Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B, you will be in the six month Medigap Open Enrollment Period. This period is important because you can easily apply. Be aware that some companies do require medical underwriting before you can be approved. This does not mean that you can’t get coverage, though. We can help you with that; just give us a call and talk to one of our Medicare Supplement specialists who can assist you in choosing the best company and plan for your situation. The different companies handle underwriting differently, and we can help you find a company that will work well for you.
What Companies Offer Medicare Supplement Plan N?
Here at My Medigap Plans, we have access to information about almost all of the Medicare Supplement Plan N options that are available. There are a few different companies that offer Medigap Plan N, but we feel these are a few of the best Medicare Supplement Plan N providers:
Of course, you can compare plans from other companies. We recommend the companies listed above for your Medigap policy, whether you choose Medigap Plan N or another plan, for these reasons:
- Top financial strength and ratings
- Long history in the health industry
- Great tools and ease of access at all points of the process
- Great customer service
- Competitive rates and stability over time
- Customer satisfaction
Medicare Plan N vs. Medicare Plan F
As you might know, Medicare Plan F is actually the most popular plan across the United States. You could be wondering if Medigap Plan N might be a better option for you, though. When you compare the two, you might see that Medigap Plan N is actually an ideal solution when compared to just having regular Medicare benefits or choosing another one of the Medicare Supplement plans.
- How are benefits different from Plan N compared to F? Both plans are designed to provide additional benefits on top of the standard Medicare benefits. Medicare Plan F does offer more coverage than Medicare Plan N. For example, the Medicare Part B deductible and Medicare Part B excess charges are covered by Medigap Plan F but are not covered by Medicare Supplement Plan N.
- How do the rates compared to Plan F? Even though you will have to share costs in some situations — such as when you head to the doctor’s office — if you choose Medigap Plan N, your monthly premium will generally be significantly lower than for Medigap Plan F. You will not have to pay a high deductible, however. Many people feel that paying a small deductible from time to time is worth it in exchange for a lower premium from their health insurance company.
- Is there a change in my access to doctor’s or hospital networks compared to Plan F? No. There are no network restrictions to worry about with either plan.
Medicare Plan N vs. Plan G
Although not as popular as Medicare Plan F, Medicare Plan G is another one of the popular health insurance Supplement options that you can choose from. You may want to compare the health care benefits of these two Medicare Supplement plans so that you can make the right choice.
- How are benefits different from Plan N compared to Plan G? Medicare Plan G covers Plan B excess charges, but Medicare Supplement Plan N does not. Neither plan covers the Plan B deductible. Both plans offer additional health insurance, but Plan G does offer a little more coverage.
- How do the rates compare to Plan G? Medicare Plan N rates are typically 25% to 35% cheaper than Medicare Supplement Plan G rates. The best Medicare Supplement Plan N companies will offer the best rates so you can maximize your savings.
- Is there a change in my access to doctors or hospital networks compared to plan g? No. You do not have to worry about network restrictions with either plan. Beneficiaries of either plan can enjoy their benefits anywhere that Medicare is accepted.
Medicare Supplement Plan N Review
There is a lot of information out there about the different Medicare Supplement plans. When compared to the other Medicare Supplement plans, these are some of the things you’ll want to know about this health insurance option:
- You will still be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B if you choose this plan, so you’ll still have the benefits that beneficiaries who are enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B enjoy.
- If you’re willing to cover some costs yourself that aren’t covered by Medicare Part A and Part B — such as copays — but if you’d like to have a more affordable monthly premium — then the Medicare Supplement Plan N rates and coverage might be right for you.
- Beneficiaries don’t have quite as much coverage with Medicare Supplement Plan N as they do with Medicare Supplement Plan F, but the Medicare Supplement Plan N rates are significantly cheaper.